The Division of Professional Standards will strictly adhere to the twelve-week deadline for submission of an application for the emergency permit. The school district is required to indicate the date that the applicant’s duties began.
1. Complete a profile, application and pay for the application through our online system, LVIS. Click here to access LVIS Information You will also need the following materials:
- A copy of your CPR/ Heimlich maneuver certification
2. Choose the option that best fits your situation.
For an Original Emergency Permit:
- If the permit is for a school administrator, submit a letter of verification of two years teaching experience under a valid Indiana teaching license. Emergency Permits for Administrators must show that 12 credit hours have been completed in an Administrative program.
- Contact your licensing advisor at your university/college and have them approve your permit through LVIS.
- Attach a copy, front and back, of your Emergency Permit being renewed or a copy of your license information from the Indiana Educator License Lookup to the documents requested in LVIS.
For Praxis II Emergency Permit (Non-Renewable)
- Documentation of passing scores on all required Praxis I exams. Individuals who have not passed all Praxis I exams are not eligible for an Emergency Permit.
- Verification that the applicant has taken, but not passed, the appropriate Praxis II exam.
For Continuing Education Emergency Permit (Non-renewable)
- Superintendent or designee verification of applicants or non-instructional employment for the last three (3) years.
3. Official transcripts that bear the sign and/or seal of the registrar, the degree and date conferred. Except for Emergency Permit renewals, Provide transcripts for ALL completed coursework at ALL institutions attended. Transcripts must be included with evaluation materials.