School Social Workers are a vital part of the total educational team. Working in collaboration with school psychologists, school counselors, school nurses, teachers and administrators, the School Social Worker integrates the information from all of these sources to provide social, emotional, behavioral and adaptive functioning support to the child, the child's family and the school.
- Best Practice, Research-Based Prevention and Intervention Resources
- Indiana School Social Work Association - conference and workshop information
- Law and Rule
- School Social Work Effectiveness Rubric and Guidance Document
In addition to the Indiana Department of Education, some other state agencies serve families and children in Indiana. Please visit the agency websites below to learn more about services offered.
- Indiana Department of Health
- Indiana Department of Labor (Child Labor)
- Indiana Family and Social Services Administration
- Indiana Prevention Resource Center
- Indiana Department of Child Services
Program Coordinator for School Social Work and McKinney-Vento Education Coordinator
South Tower, Suite 600
115 W. Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204