Indiana Teacher of the Year
Each year, the Indiana Department of Education conducts this special program to recognize outstanding classroom teachers from across the state. One person, in accordance with National Teacher of the Year guidelines, is chosen to represent Indiana teachers at the national level.
All school corporations are invited to share in this recognition program by honoring their teachers and nominating one teacher to represent local educators at the state level of the program. IDOE hopes the underlying idea behind the recognition of excellent teachers will spread to every community in Indiana.
Meet some of Indiana's recent Teachers of the Year
- 2014 Teacher of the Year: Steven Perkins
- 2013 Teacher of the Year: Suzanne Whitton
- 2012 Teacher of the Year: Melanie Park
- Past Indiana Teachers of the Year
- Indiana History Teacher of the Year
- Indiana Department of Education
- CSO Architects
NOTE: Indiana's program is conducted in association with The National Teacher of the Year Program (a project of the Council of Chief State School Officers sponsored by ING).