The Blue Ribbon Schools Program honors public and private elementary, middle, and high schools that are either high performing or have improved student achievement to high levels, especially among disadvantaged students. The program is part of a larger United States Department of Education effort to identify and disseminate knowledge about best school leadership and teaching practices. Each year since 1982, the U.S. Department of Education has sought out schools where students attain and maintain high academic goals, including those that beat the odds.
More information on the Blue Ribbon Schools program can be found on the U.S. Department of Education website.
Each year, the Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction nominates high performing schools. The maximum number of schools nominated is determined for each state by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Cascade Senior High School – Mill Creek Community School Corp
- Ferdinand Elementary School – Southeast Dubois School Corp
- George Bibich Elementary School – Lake Central School Corp
- Paramount School of Excellence – Charter School
- Reagan Elementary – Brownsburg Community School Corp
- Solon Robinson Elementary School – Crown Point Community School Corp
- Staunton Elementary School – Clay Community Schools
- Thomas Jefferson Elementary School – Valparaiso Community Schools
- Barr-Reeve Elementary School – Barr-Reeve Community Schools
- College Wood Elementary School – Carmel Clay Schools
- Eden Elementary School – Greenfield-Central Community Schools
- James Whitcomb Riley Elementary School – New Castle Community Schools
- Maple Elementary School – Avon Community School Corp
- White Lick Elementary School – Brownsburg Community Schools
- Zionsville Pleasant View Elementary School – Zionsville Community Schools