Vision and Purpose
Formative and interim assessments and the use of their data to guide classroom instruction at the individual student level result in increased academic success. Indiana’s Formative (Interim) Assessment Grant provides funding to schools for formative assessment programs, tools, and professional development in order to increase data-driven instructional practices and enrich learning for all students.
All Indiana public school corporations, charter schools, and accredited nonpublic schools (including choice schools) are eligible to apply for this grant. Assessment programs and tools are targeted for students in grades K through 10.
2019-2020 Information for Schools
- Formative Assessment Grant Online Portal
- 2019-2020 Formative (Interim) Assessment Grant Overview
- 2019-2020 Timeline of Important Dates for Schools
- Approved Formative (Interim) Assessment Program List
- Approved Formative (Interim) Assessment Program Memo
- Implementation of Accommodations to Interim/Formative Assessments
Information for Assessment Program Vendors
The Office of Student Assessment (OSA) opens a window each school year where vendors may submit requests for assessment program approval for use with this grant. This application window typically takes place in late fall - winter. Vendors must follow the Program Approval Process provided below to request approval. IDOE maintains a list of vendor contacts and alerts vendors via email of updates to this window and the application process. Contact OSA to be added to this list.
- 2020-2021 Assessment Program Criteria and Evaluation Rubric
- 2020-2021 Assessment Program Approval Process
- November 2019 Memo to Assessment Program Vendors
- July 2019 Memo to Assessment Program Vendors
Office of Student Assessment