Vision and Purpose
Formative and interim assessments and the use of their data to guide classroom instruction at the individual student level result in increased academic success. Indiana’s Formative (Interim) Assessment Grant provides funding to schools for formative, interim, benchmark, and similar assessment programs, tools, and professional development in order to increase data-driven instructional practices and enrich learning for all students.
All Indiana public school corporations, charter schools, and accredited nonpublic schools (including choice schools) are eligible to apply for this grant. Assessment programs and tools are targeted for students in grades K-10.
2021-2022 Information for Schools
2020-2021 Information for Schools
- 2020-2021 Formative (Interim) Assessment Grant Overview
- 2020-2021 Timeline of Important Dates for Schools – Updated March 2021
- 2020-2021 Approved Assessment Programs Memo
- 2020-2021 Approved Assessment Programs Details and Contact
- 2020-2021 Directions for Completing Application to Participate
- Implementation of Accommodations to Interim/Formative Assessments
- Recommendations for Professional Development and Vendor Collaboration
- Which Test is Best? Evaluating Interim Assessment Solutions Training
Information for Assessment Program Vendors
The Office of Student Assessment (OSA) opens a window each school year where vendors may submit requests for assessment program approval for use with this grant. This application window typically takes place in late fall - winter. Vendors must follow the Program Approval Process provided below to request approval. IDOE maintains a list of vendor contacts and alerts vendors via email of updates to this window and the application process. Contact OSA to be added to this list.
- 2021-2022 Assessment Program Criteria and Evaluation Rubric – Updated May 2021
- 2021-2022 Assessment Approval Process Additional Window
- October 2020 Memo – Assessment Approval Guidance for School Year 2021-2022
- June 2020 Memo – Recommendation for Professional Development and School Collaboration
- February 2020 Memo to Assessment Program Vendors
- November 2019 Memo to Assessment Program Vendors
- July 2019 Memo to Assessment Program Vendors
Office of Student Assessment