Indiana’s Alternate Measure
Indiana’s Alternate Measure (I AM) measures student achievement and growth according to Indiana’s Content Connectors aligned to the Indiana Academic Standards. I AM is the summative accountability assessment for students with significant cognitive disabilities in grades 3-8 and high school. It assesses:
- English/Language Arts (Grades 3-8 and 10)
- Mathematics (Grades 3-8 and 10)
- Science (Grades 4, 6, and Biology)
- Social Studies (Grade 5)
CLICK EITHER BOX BELOW
A Case Conference Committee may determine that I AM is the most appropriate assessment utilizing the criteria for determining eligibility to participate. More information regarding participation in the alternate assessment can be found below.
- Participation Guidance: English | Spanish
- Participation FAQ: English | Spanish
- Participation Flowchart: English | Spanish
For more information about ESSA’s 1% cap on participation in the alternate assessment, please visit the Alternate Assessment ESSA 1% Cap page here.