Indiana’s Alternate Measure
I AM measures student achievement and growth according to Indiana’s Content Connectors aligned to the Indiana Academic Standards. I AM is the summative accountability assessment for students with significant cognitive disabilities in grades 3-8 and 10. It assesses:
- English/Language Arts (Grades 3-8 and 10)
- Mathematics (Grades 3-8 and 10)
- Science (Grades 4, 6, and Biology)
- Social Studies (Grade 5)
Note: While final policies related to high school are defined, Grade 10 will be assessed through cohort 2022.
CLICK EITHER BOX BELOW
A Case Conference Committee may determine that Indiana’s Alternate Measure (I AM) is the most appropriate assessment utilizing the criteria for determining eligibility to participate. More information regarding participation in the alternate assessment can be found below.
What’s New with I AM?
The I AM assessments are new and built from the ground up with Indiana Educators. Find out more about I AM in the webinars below:
- Understanding I AM Webinar | Video
- I AM Overview Webinar | Video
- I AM Content Webinar (Elementary) | Video
- I AM Content Webinar (Secondary) | Video
I AM: Understanding the New Alternate Assessment
* Grade 10 will be assessed through cohort 2022 while final policies related to high school are defined.
** These times will begin in 2020 due to setting cut scores in summer 2019. Final reporting will be available August 15 for 2019.
I AM Construction
We are building I AM from the ground up, and educators are involved in every step of the process. The graphic shows the major steps of development with the current steps in yellow.
To learn more about the test development process, watch the video below.
- I AM Performance Level Descriptor Development (September 2018)