ILEARN measures student achievement and growth according to Indiana Academic Standards. ILEARN is the summative accountability assessment for Indiana students in grades 3-8 and assesses:
- English/Language Arts (Grades 3-8)
- Math (Grades 3-8)
- Science (Grades 4 and 6)
- Social Studies (Grade 5)
Note: The contract is beginning with development of Grades 3-8 components while final policies related to high school are defined.
ILEARN Updates and Overviews
- Assessment Overview (December 2017)
- ILEARN Educator Flyer
- ILEARN Technology Information
- ILEARN Overview and Next Steps (October 2017)
We are building ILEARN from the ground up, and educators are involved in every step of the process. The graphic shows the major steps of development, highlighting the current step in yellow.
For additional information about development steps, watch the videos below.
- Science Standards with Highlights (July 2017)
- Science Standards Blueprint Development (August 2017)
- ILEARN Blueprint Development (February 2018)
Understanding the New Assessment
ILEARN provides a unique opportunity to refresh the assessment delivery and implementation practices in Indiana. Several key improvements are planned for the ILEARN assessments.
* These times will begin in 2020 due to setting cut scores in Summer 2019. Final reporting will be available Aug 15 for 2019.