Released Items Repository
The Office of Assessment releases 10 items per grade and content area each year from ILEARN assessments. Released Items are provided in AIR’s sample test delivery system and can be used as sample assessments to familiarize students with test content and format.
Included in the Released Items Repository are:
- Sample assessments for each grade level and content area
- Sample Performance Tasks for Mathematics, English/Language Arts, and Science
- Designated supports and accommodations (may be applied at will on any assessment by any user)
- ILEARN Response Mechanisms (Item Types)
Visit the Released Items Repository
NEW! Released Items Repository Scoring Guides
ILEARN Performance Level Descriptors
The ILEARN Policy Performance Level Descriptors (PLDs) are high-level statements that reflect the varying degrees to which students may demonstrate proficiency on each grade-level ILEARN assessment. A diverse panel of Indiana educators convened to consider many factors (e.g., Indiana’s diverse student populations, the Indiana Academic Standards, and national reference points) as they defined each Policy PLD.
The Policy PLDs were used to develop more specific content area Range PLDs to inform item development, instructional practices and standard setting.
The Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) enlisted Indiana educators to develop Range Performance Level Descriptors (PLDs) for the ILEARN assessment. The ILEARN Range PLDs are content-specific statements that reflect the varying degrees to which students may demonstrate proficiency on grade-level standards assessed on the upcoming ILEARN assessment. IDOE will use the ILEARN Range PLDs to inform item development and standard setting, while Indiana educators are welcome to use them to help inform instructional practices.
|Grade 3||Grade 3|
|Grade 4||Grade 4||Grade 4|
|Grade 5||Grade 5||Grade 5|
|Grade 6||Grade 6||Grade 6|
|Grade 7||Grade 7|
|Grade 8||Grade 8|
|Biology||U.S. Government (Coming Soon!)|
Rubrics and Scoring Information
|ILEARN English/Language Arts
Performance Task Writing Rubrics (Grades 3-8)
|Opinion Rubric||Grades 3-5||ILEARN English/Language Arts Performance Task Writing Rubrics (Video)|
|Informational Rubric||Grades 3-5|
|Narrative Rubric||Grades 3-8|
|Argumentative Rubric||Grades 6-8|
|Explanatory Rubric||Grades 6-8|
- Indiana Educator Scoring Opportunity Flyer – February 2019
- ILEARN Rescore Request Guidance
- ILEARN: Scoring Open-Ended Items Module (Enter as Guest to access without a Moodle account)
- ILEARN English/Language Arts Constructed Response Items and Scoring
Interpreting and Using ILEARN Data