The Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) is excited to share resources with parents and families that provide transparency regarding the statewide grade 3 reading assessment. IREAD-3 was developed by Indiana educators to measure foundational reading skills of students at the end of their grade 3 school year.
En Espanol: Porque los estudiantes toman IREAD-3? Toca aqui para un video con mas informacion.
Here is a video to help introduce what IREAD-3 is all about and how to interpret your child’s score.
|IREAD-3 - English||IREAD-3 - Spanish|
IREAD-3 is a summative assessment administered to all third graders enrolled in accredited Indiana schools. Grade 4 students may participate in an optional window in Fall 2020.
IREAD-3 measures foundational reading standards through grade 3. IREAD-3 was developed in response to House Enrolled Act 1367 in 2010.
- Fall Administration November 2-November 6, 2020 (grade 4 students only)
- Spring Administration March 8, 2021-March 19, 2021
- Summer Administration May 25, 2021-July 16, 2021
The Department has provided several resources to help parents and students understand what the IREAD-3 assessment looks like.
- Visit Cambium Assessment, Inc. (CAI)’s IREAD-3 Portal for resources from our test vendor, such as practice using the online test system.
- Look at the Item Sampler to practice questions similar to what you will see on IREAD-3.
- Explore the Test Blueprints to see what Indiana Academic Standards are being measured by this assessment. Want to know more about Test Blueprints? Check out this infographic.
- Find additional sample items and mastery statements for each Indiana Academic Standard in the Item Specifications. Want to know more about Item Specifications? Check out this infographic.