Posted: Fri, 12/20/2019 - 3:52pm Updated: Thu, 08/20/2020 - 9:46am
- A preschool student that is served by an Individual Education Program (IEP) is assessed using the Indiana Student Performance Readiness and Observation of Understand Tool (ISPROUT).
- Preschool students participating in an early learning program choosing to use ISPROUT with all of their students to monitor growth.
ISPROUT measures your child's knowledge, skills and behaviors in seven areas: Social Foundations, Language and Literacy, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Physical Well-being and Motor Development, and Fine Arts. ISPROUT is not a typical test. Your child will not have to complete questions or provide test answers. Ratings are collected by the educator using observations collected during the typical day.
ISPROUT has four data collection periods:
- July 7, 2020 - October 1, 2020
- October 6, 2020 - December 17, 2020
- January 5, 2021 - April 1, 2021
- April 6, 2021 - June 18, 2021
Teachers are not required to submit data during each period. The windows are to assist in monitoring the data.
Teachers collect evidence through observing everyday interactions that occur during activities with your child. Students are then rated based on these observations.
Teachers will share ISPROUT data with families as appropriate to discuss strengths and goals for growth. This is typically discussed during a parent/teacher conference.