In accordance with Executive Order 20-05, Indiana school buildings closed and continuous learning plans were put into place. The Indiana Department of Education has compiled a list of free resources, offered by state and federal agencies, private companies, and non-profit organizations to help families during this time.
- Spectrum Internet - Free internet services through June 30 for students
- Internet Essentials from Comcast - Free internet services through June 30 for students
- Compudopt - Computer giveaways (some require meeting financial eligibility criteria)
- The On It Foundation - Apply for a free computer from the Opportunities Necessary to Increase Technology Foundation
- PCs for People - Free computer for families who meet financial eligibility criteria
- Computers with Causes - Computer giveaways (some require meeting financial eligibility criteria)
- Indiana Public WiFi Locations - Free for Public use Wifi map
- Digital Safety - Google tips on how to keep your child safe online
- How to Use Zoom - Basic Zoom instructions for new users
- Manage your child's account on Chromebook - Chromebook Help - Chromebook information for parents
- Physical Education
- Music Education
- World Music for Children - Daria includes a section for parents, but this website is easy for anyone to use!
- MTV Unplugged at Home - Unplugged concerts from the artists’ homes. Most appropriate for high school students.
- Classics for Kids - This website introduces the young musician to classical music and has a section just for parents!
- TeachRock - Activity and Project Based Learning for all ages.
- Art Education
- Art Making Activities for Your Kids During Covid
- Color Our Collection - The New York Academy of Medicine has organized coloring pages and books so that students can access great art and add their own flair.
- Art Projects for Kids - Philadelphia Museum of Art’s favorite at-home art projects that don’t require tech
- Theatre Education
Summer Exploratory Learning
- CS First for Parents and Guardians - Coding activities
- Summer Reading Program - Marion County Public Library offers a program with rewards
- Fun-in-the-Sun Activities - Activities that you would normally do in the summer that provide learning opportunities
- 13 Ways to Keep Your Kids Learning This Summer - List of ideas and activities that are fun & educational for the whole family
- Life Skills - Website that teaches how to tie shoes, clean floors, how to use a clock, etc.
Social, Emotional, Behavioral Resources
- Eight Fun Activities to Practice Social Skills with Your Child - Because of Covid-19, kids have been away from groups of people. This article is a good resource for basic social skills children should all have upon returning to the classroom.
- SEL for Parents - Parents are a student’s first teachers. This video discusses how we can teach our children skills for dealing with others.
- 5 Incredibly Fun Games to Teach Self-Control - This video will help identify when a child struggles with self control and finds ways through games to teach the skills necessary to regulate his/her emotions.
- Tips for Homeschooling during the Coronavirus - WFYI Indianapolis has provided advice for parents on how to best handle the new world of Homeschooling during the Coronavirus.
- 50 Family Activities that Don’t Involve Screens - Activities for the whole family
General Covid Information
- Indiana Health Department Covid-19 - The most up to date information on Covid-19
- Talking to children about Coronavirus - The basic facts about Covid-19 and how to address your children
- Caring for Children during Covid-19 - Specific information about how to take precautions regarding children
- School Meals During Covid-19 - How to access school meals during Covid-19
- Food Assistance Availability Map - A map of where you can go to access available food resources
- Indy Hunger Network - The most up to date information about food resources by county
Return to School Information