The Office of Teaching and Learning’s Digital Learning team is focused on supporting educators in the development of new digital learning models for schools, providing leadership in digital innovation for Indiana, and connecting educators to one another and to great ideas for technology-infused classrooms.
The continuously evolving Digital Learning Toolkit provides resources for educators to utilize as they seek support across the three Pillars of Digital Learning - Leadership, Teaching and Learning, and Community Engagement - and work toward a robust and highly-effective digital learning program.
Indiana Department of Education has partnered with Indiana University to make many high school turnkey courses available.
- Turnkey Courses - Indiana Department of Education has partnered with Indiana University to make many high school turnkey courses available.
- Indiana School Tech Plan - The completion of this survey is the requirement for all public schools to qualify for the connectivity formula grant, the common school fund, and grants from IDOE’s Office of Teaching and Learning. Visit the Tech Plan website to view data and infographics from past surveys.
- Digital Learning Toolkit - The continuously evolving Digital Learning Toolkit provides resources for educators to utilize as they seek support across the three Pillars of Digital Learning - Leadership, Teaching and Learning, and Community Engagement - and work toward a robust and highly-effective digital learning program.
- Cybersecurity - Activities in the IDOE Cybersecurity initiative will affect the awareness and professional capacity of educators in every district, as well as a deeper impact that will provide funds to support districts in establishing managed security services that include active monitoring and response.
- Book Study - We will be announcing our winter/spring book study soon. Check back soon for details.
- Digital Learning Webinars - View webinar recordings here.
- Teaching in a Digital World Webinar Series - Our Teaching in a Digital World Webinar Series supports teachers and their utilization of digital learning, whether remote, in the classroom or hybrid. Visit this site to view slide decks and recordings of the webinars.
- Digital Citizenship - The Indiana Department of Education celebrates Indiana Digital Citizenship Week the first full week of September following Labor Day and supports digital citizenship year round. #INDigCitWeek is part of an ongoing effort to teach students how to make safe, smart, and ethical decisions in the digital world.
- Indiana Digital Learning Month - Indiana celebrates Digital Learning Month in February in connection with National Digital Learning Day. See what educators and administrators LOVE about digital learning in the Hoosier state!
- Social Media - Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook.
- #GoOpen - In February of 2016 Indiana was named a #GoOpen state to help launch the initiative. By using openly licensed digital materials to support teaching and learning, Indiana districts are redistributing money to professional learning for teachers, increasing equity, providing timely and relevant resources to students, and supporting Indiana teachers as they strive to meet the needs of all students.
- Digital Learning Grants - The most recent IDOE grant was the Digital Learning Capacity Building Grant. Through this innovative program, grants were awarded to schools/districts that developed comprehensive plans to bring blended and digital learning training to their teachers through micro-credentialing.
- SketchUp Pro Grant - SketchUp Pro's Statewide K-12 License Grant gives public schools in Indiana the opportunity to receive SketchUp Pro for free for use in classrooms and labs.
- Historical Digital Learning Grant Information