On this page you will find a variety of different tools, templates, and examples related to community engagement in the digital learning environment. Please check back often as we will be adding new resources. If you have questions about the Digital Learning Toolkit, find a broken link, or would like to propose a resource be added to the list, please complete this form.
Engaged families have always been essential to the success of students. When students are engaging with materials from home, it is even more important to ensure that families have the proper resources and support.
- IDOE Family Engagement Toolkit
- EDTech Conversation Guide - ISTE provides a free guide on engaging parents about the use of technology to enhance student learning.
- How To Improve Communications with Community Engagement
- Communicating With All Stakeholders
- School Communication Guide by Campus Suite
Communication Outreach Options
- Social Media
- School Publications
- Phone/Text Notification System
Now more than ever, community support of and involvement in the local school district is essential. Strategic engagement of families, businesses, and other community organizations can help bridge the gap between home and school and create an educational experience that extends beyond the walls of the school building.
A supportive external environment can have a vast impact on what gets implemented within a school or district. Education leaders need to be mindful of how they can utilize these influences that will allow schools and teachers to develop the skills they need to effectively implement technology that address curriculum and learning standards.