Hoosier Student Digital Leaders (HSDL)
Leaders of Today: HSDL Spring 2018 Conference
HSDL has partnered with a national organization, Students Leading Education (SLED), in order to provide a highly interactive and engaging training experience for students grades 3-12 and their HSDL advisors.
There is no cost to attend the event on Saturday, April 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. EST at Southport High School in Indianapolis. School teams can be registered using this form.
SLED’s goal is to empower students to model, inspire, and facilitate change through technology at the local school level. The Leaders of Today Conference will focus on developing students public speaking, teamwork, leadership, and technology skills. Throughout the event, teams will be given an objective to develop project ideas that create a positive change in education.
Becoming a Lifelong Learner
The tools and resources our students have at their disposal create a need for a new set of skills. In today’s society, it's imperative for our students to become passionate lifelong learners who have the ability to problem solve and manage an unknown future. Take a journey with Travis Allen, SLED Founder, to see what it takes to be a lifelong learner and answer the question, “Why do we go to school?”
Escape the Classroom
Teams will actively engage in challenge stations covering a variety of tools and digital learning experiences all while testing your group's ability to collaborate and problem-solve.
Communication and Leadership Workshops
- Learn how to create engaging presentation material
- Learn how to effectively communicate in a public forum
- Brainstorm ideas to improve your school and community with technology
Schedule for April 21, 2018
8:30 AM Check in at Southport High School, Indianapolis, IN
9:00 AM Keynote Message
9:55 AM Group Activities by grade level
12:15 PM Lunch (pre-ordered purchased boxed lunch available-see registration form)
12:45 PM Group Activities by grade level
3:00 PM Teams Present Project Ideas
3:30 PM Dismissal
We are currently planning student events for the 2018-2019 school year. We will make announcements in the HSDL Advisor Community. To join the community, we ask that you complete the advisor form.
Past events include:
- 2017 Fall Empower Makers with Purpose Conference 5-12 grades
- 2017 Spring Student Conference for 5-12 grades
- 2017 Video Challenge: Breakout of Your Shell
- 2016 Fall Student Google Summit for 6-12 grades
- 2016 Spring Student Conference for 6-12 grades
- 2015 Fall Digital Citizenship Conference for High School
- 2015 Spring Student Conference for 6-12 grades
- 2015 Digital Media Festival