Summer School is a state-reimbursable program which allows Indiana’s school corporations and public charter schools to provide summer school courses for students in elementary, middle, and high school.
Eligible programs for the 2018 Summer School Program are:
- Language Arts, grades K-8
- Reading and Literature, grades K-8
- Mathematics, grades K-8
- All other curricular programs, enrichment, and multidisciplinary classes, grades K-8
- Courses toward graduation, including electives, grades 9-12
- Courses not counting toward graduation, grades 9-12
Program requirements and other important information about the 2018 Summer School Program is available in this Memorandum
2018 Summer School Important Dates & Deadlines
- Thursday, February 1, 2018 – window to submit Estimated Costs Report and List of Courses opens
- Friday, March 30, 2018 – window to submit Estimated Costs Report and List of Courses closes
- Monday, May 14, 2018 – notification of expected reimbursement based on estimated costs submitted
- Monday, July 30, 2018 – window to submit Final Costs Report opens
- Friday, September 14, 2018 – window to submit Final Costs Report closes
In order to receive a payment for reimbursement of Summer School instructional costs, both the Estimated Costs Report and List of Courses and the Final Costs Report must be submitted by the posted deadlines.
Additional information for 2018 Summer School
- 2018 Summer School Final Distribution Memo and List
- 2018 Summer School Estimated Distribution Memo and List
- 2018 Summer School FAQs
- Summer School Memorandum
- Summer School 101
- The approved course titles and descriptions are posted by the Office of College and Career Readiness at https://www.doe.in.gov/ccr/course-titles-and-descriptions.
- Summer School – Indiana Code 20-30-7
- Summer School – 511 IAC 12-2-1 to 12-2-7
- 2017 Summer School Reimbursement Distributions
- 2016 Summer School Reimbursement Distributions
- 2015 Summer School Reimbursement Distributions
- 2014 Summer School Reimbursement Distributions
- 2013 Summer School Reimbursement Distributions
The Indiana Department of Education Finance Team strongly encourages all school and corporation staff to join the School Finance Community on Learning Connection. Schools can find announcements from the Finance Team as well as resources on different areas and topics of school finance. Important information and announcements about Summer School and prior year Summer School documents are included in the Files and Bookmarks tab in the Finance Community on Learning Connection.
To join the Learning Connection community, login at https://learningconnection.doe.in.gov, click on “My Communities” under “Contacts & Communities” and search for “School Finance” under “Find a Community”. For additional information about joining the Learning Connection, please see this document or call 317.232.0808 for assistance.