Summer School is a State reimbursable program which allows Indiana's school corporations and public charter schools to provide summer school courses for students in elementary, middle, and high school.
Eligible programs for Summer School 2019 include all courses included in the Indiana State Approved Course Titles and Descriptions for the 2018‐2019 School Year at the high school level and in the 2018‐ 2019 Indiana Elementary and Middle Level Subjects and Descriptions at the elementary and middle school levels.
Program requirements and other important information about the 2019 Summer School Program is available in this Memorandum.
2019 Summer School Important Dates & Deadlines
- Friday, February 1, 2019 ‐ window to submit Estimated Costs Report and List of Courses opens
- Monday, April 1, 2019 ‐ window to submit Estimated Costs Report and List of Courses closes
- Friday, May 10, 2019 ‐ notification of expected reimbursement based on estimated costs submitted
- Monday, July 29, 2019 ‐ window to submit Final Costs Report opens
- Friday, September 13, 2019 ‐ window to submit Final Costs Report closes
In order to receive a payment for reimbursement of Summer School instructional costs, both the Estimated Costs Report and List of Courses and the Final Costs Report must be submitted by the posted deadlines.
- The Estimated Costs Report and List of Courses can be accessed by clicking this link from February 1, 2019 ‐ April 1, 2019.
- The Final Costs Report can be accessed by clicking this link from July 29, 2019 ‐ September 13, 2019.
Access to these reports requires a username and password. School officials with corporation administrator or school administrator rights use your DOE Online credentials to log in.
Additional Information for 2019 Summer School
- 2019 Summer School Estimated Distribution Memo and List
- 2019 Summer School 101
- 2019 Summer School FAQs
- 2019 Summer School Memorandum
- Approved Course Titles and Descriptions for 2019 Summer School
The Indiana Department of Education School Finance Team strongly encourages all school and corporation staff to join the School Finance Community on Moodle. Schools can find announcements from the Finance Team as well as resources on different areas and topics of school finance. Important information and announcements about Summer School and prior year Summer School documents are included in the Files and Bookmarks tab in the Finance Community.