Summer School is a State reimbursable program which allows Indiana's school corporations and public charter schools to provide summer school courses for students in elementary, middle, and high school.
2020 Summer School Program
Eligible programs include all courses included in the Indiana State Approved Course Titles and Descriptions for the 2019-2020 School Year at the high school level and in the 2019-2020 Indiana Elementary and Middle Level Subjects and Descriptions at the elementary and middle school levels. The approved course titles and descriptions are posted on the Course Titles and Descriptions page on the IDOE website.
- The 2020 Summer School Memo details program requirements and important dates.
- Information about the summer school program and how to report school information is detailed in Summer School 101.
- Please refer to the Summer School FAQ for commonly asked questions and answers.
In order to receive a payment for reimbursement of summer school instructional costs, the Estimated Costs Report and List of Courses and the Final Costs Report must be submitted by the posted deadlines.
- The Estimated Costs Report and List of Courses can be accessed by clicking this link from February 5 – April 1.
- The Final Costs Report can be accessed by clicking this link from July 20 – September 11.
Access to the reports requires a username and password. School officials with corporation administrator or school administrator rights use your DOE Online credentials to log in.
- Wednesday, February 5 – Window opens to submit summer school Estimated Instructional Costs Report and List of Courses
- Extended – Monday, June 1 – Deadline for submission of the summer School Estimated Costs Report and List of Courses
- Extended – Monday, June 15 – IDOE will notify school corporations of the expected level of State reimbursement based on the estimated expenditures submitted.
- Monday, July 20 – Window opens to submit summer school Final Instructional Costs Report.
- Friday, September 11 – Deadline for submission of the summer school Final Instructional Costs Report.
- November 2020 – Summer school instructional costs reimbursements made to school corporations.