With the passage of Graduation Pathways, students are now able to individualize their graduation requirements to align to their postsecondary goal. No longer must all students fit into the same academic mold, but rather, they can choose the options that best meet their postsecondary needs and aspirations. Students can create pathways that serve their educational interests and prepares them for postsecondary educational and career opportunities.
- Graduation Requirements (ending with class of 2022)
- Graduation Requirements (beginning with class of 2023 and early adopters)
- Graduation Requirements – SPANISH
- Guidance Document
- Guidance Document Appendices and Resources
- State Board of Education FAQ
- Assignment Code Changes and Licensure Options
- Graduation Pathways 101
Grad Pathway Requirement #1
High School Diploma
- Indiana Diploma with Core 40 and Honors Designation Requirements
- Indiana Diploma with Core 40 and Honors Designation Requirements - SPANISH
- Indiana Diploma with General Designation Requirements
- Indiana Diploma with General Designation Requirements – SPANISH
- Diploma Decision Chart
- Opt-out Provision; Opt-out Provision - SPANISH
Grad Pathway Requirement #2
Learn and Demonstrate Employability Skills
Students must complete at least one of the following to demonstrate the Department of Workforce Development’s Employability Skills Benchmarks
Grad Pathway Requirement #3
Postsecondary Ready Competencies
Students must complete at least one of the following
- To meet this Postsecondary-ready Competency for the Graduation Pathways, a student must earn at least a minimum AFQT score to qualify for placement into one of the branches of the US military, which is currently set at the score of 31.
- ASVAB Home
- The State Board of Education defines industry-recognized credentials as those credentials developed or supported by business and industry to verify student mastery of technical skills and competencies in an occupational area that aligns with Indiana’s economic sectors. They are approved by Indiana’s Department of Workforce Development.
- 2018-2019 List of Industry Recognized Certifications
- Industry Certification Accomodations
- Application to Add Certifications to State Recognized List for Accountability
- Per the Indiana General Assembly, any apprenticeship program must be registered under the federal National Apprenticeship Act (29 U.S.C. 50 et seq.) or another federal apprenticeship program administered by the United States Department of Labor.
- Federally Recognized Apprenticeships
- CTE Concentrator Definition: Under the previous definition of a CTE Concentrator, a student must earn a C average or higher in at least 6 high school credits in a career sequence. The updated definition is a student must earn a C average in at least two non-duplicative advanced courses (courses beyond an introductory course) within a particular program or program of study. This new definition will begin with the 2023 graduating cohort (freshmen beginning in 2019-20); current high schoolers are grandfathered under the 6 credits definition.
- Concentrator Course Sequence Webinar
- List of approved pathways
- Perkins Concentrator Guidance
- Adopting a LCP Guidance
- Adopting an Approved Locally Created Pathway
- Locally Created Pathways (LCPs) are locally determined competencies and/or assessments beyond the current Postsecondary-Ready Competencies (PRCs) that demonstrate a student has the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful after high school.
- Locally Created Pathways / Local CTE Concentrator Application
- Locally Created Pathways / Local CTE Concentrator Rubric
- Approved Locally Created Pathways
- Description: The RPM program is a partnership between the Richmond County School System and Textron Specialized Vehicles (E-Z-GO). This program provides students with classroom instruction, on-the-job training, key work/life skills, mentoring, and employment opportunities.
- January 2019 – Innovation Webex
- January 2019 - Innovation Webex Slides
Reporting and Tracking
- Promising Practices
- Graduation Report (GR) Instructions
- Graduation Pathways Checklist
- Indiana Career Explorer
- Standards for Success
- Graduation Pathways Infographic
- Graduation Pathways Infographic – SPANISH
- Graduation Pathways Infographic – BURMESE