What is Title II, Part A?
The purpose of Title II, Part A is to increase the academic achievement of all students by helping schools and districts improve teacher and principal quality and effectiveness. Through this federal program, State and Local Education Agencies (SEAs and LEAs) and State agencies for higher education (SAHEs) receive funds on a formula basis. Eligible partnerships consisting of high-need LEAs and institutions of higher education receive funds that are competitively awarded by the SAHE.
In exchange, agencies that receive funds are held accountable to the public for improvements in student academic achievement. Title II, Part A provides these agencies with the flexibility to use these funds creatively to address challenges to teacher quality and effectiveness, whether they concern teacher preparation and the qualifications of new teachers, recruitment and hiring, induction, targeted and embedded professional development, teacher retention, or the need for more capable principals and assistant principals to serve as effective school leaders.
Title IIA Documentation
- Title II-A Non Pub Memo
- Supporting Effective Instruction FFY 2018 Application
- FFY 2018 Request for Amendment to Title II Part A Grant Application Template
- FFY 2017 Final Expenditure Report
- FFY 2017 Request for Amendment to Title II Part A Grant Application Template
- Supporting Effective Instruction FFY 2017 Application
- FFY 2016 Request for Amendment to Title II Part A Grant Application Template
- Indiana's Equity Plan
- Non-Public Schools by Corporation
- Title II-A Non-Regulatory and Statute Guidance
- Title II-A Non-Regulatory and Statute Guidance Continued
- Introduction to Non-Public School Consultation
- LEA Affirmation of Non-Public School Consultation Forms
Find us on The Learning Connection
Information and resources regarding Highly Qualified Teacher information/verification forms and Title II-A grant application documents/templates can be found in the “Title II, Part A: Improving Teacher Quality and Effectiveness” learning community on the Learning Connection. Follow these steps to become a member of the “Title II, Part A: Improving Teacher Quality and Effectiveness” learning community on Learning Connection:
- Log in to the Learning Connection
- Click on Find a Community
- Type in "Title II, Part A: Improving Teacher Quality and Effectiveness"
- Click on Join Community
Please visit the Educator Effectiveness: Highly Qualified Teacher page for additional information.
Director of Title Grants and Support