Information was directly shared with district administration in the spring of 2018 as we prepared for the pilot courses to launch in the fall of 2018. Archive of the training that was completed can be found under "Prepare for Student Participation." We plan to provide additional resources as they become available throughout the pilot, and will make improvements to this webpage as we receive feedback. Please let us know if you see any gaps in this first set of tools and what other resources would be most helpful to you. Feedback can be sent to ICAP@doe.in.gov.
Build Your iCAP Support Team
- LEA Roles.pdfSee who does what and how to get started.
- View your school corporation's Point of Contact(s) list
- If a district needs to update their LEA iCAP Point of Contact(s), they can email ICAP@doe.in.gov
Make LEA or School Policy and Practice Decisions
- iCAP Local Policy Development
- State Guidance on iCAP Courses
- Refer to the IDOE memo on iCAP Considerations for Students with IEPs or Section 504 Plans Memo - iCAP Considerations for Students with IEPs or Section 504 Plans
Prepare for Student Participation
- Become familiar with the Student page on the iCAP Portal. We encourage students to work through two of five steps before deciding to request a course. See if online learning is a good match for the student interested in iCAP participation.pdf is a helpful resource for a guidance conference.
- Learn how to determine the NCAA eligibility status of a course and practical advice to help the student's NCAA application flow better through the process. iCAP NCAA eligibility
- Identify potential mentors for students who are to be enrolled in an iCAP Course. We've prepared Mentoring Fundamentals to help with that determination. When you enroll a student in a course, you will need to inform the iCAP provider so that they can give that individual access to the student's course.
- Be familiar with the school's responsibilities in the Appeal Process if a student is denied enrollment in an iCAP Course. Appeal forms have been shared with identified Leads and can be accessed here:
- Communicate with your stakeholders. Sample Letters: Board Parents Students Faculty
- Review resources from training sessions: Q & A from March and April webinars Archive of April 13, 2018 webinar
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I contact the department about iCAP questions?
You can direct your questions to ICAP@doe.in.gov.
How were schools informed about the iCAP option?
LEA Superintendents received an email from iCAP@doe.in.gov with details and a link to register their iCAP Lead and school point of contacts.