Legislative Priority Pitches
- 30 Day Resignation Fact Sheet
- Child Abuse Prevention Fact Sheet
- IHSAA Certification Fact Sheet
- On My Way Pre-K Advocacy Fact Sheet
The government affairs team advocates on behalf of the legislative and policy positions of the Superintendent of Public Instruction and the Indiana Department of Education (IDOE). The team also partners with local school districts, superintendents, principals, and advocates on their behalf. The team converses with senators and representatives, testifies in committee hearings and other legislative venues, and communicates with school and community leaders across the state as representatives of the superintendent and IDOE.
2018 IDOE Legislative Guidance
The 2018 legislative session ended on Wednesday March 14, 2018. IDOE is in the process of issuing official guidance, and that guidance will be posted below. Additionally, we will be posting guidance on our web site incrementally, so please check back often. Sign up for Dr. McCormick’s weekly updates for important information.
2017 IDOE Legislative Guidance
The 2017 legislative session ended on Friday April 21, 2017. IDOE is in the process of issuing official guidance and that guidance is posted below. Please sign up for Dr. McCormick’s weekly updates for important information. Additionally, we will be posting guidance on our web site incrementally.
Current Federal Issues
- Link to the Indiana General Assembly website
- How a Bill becomes a law in Indiana
- To find your Legislator’s contact information click here
- Link to the Senate Education Committee
- Link to the House Education Committee
- Link to 2018 Interim Study Committee Schedules
For more information please contact Michael Brown, Legislative Affairs Director, at email@example.com.