Communication Disorder (Speech Language Pathologist) Licensure
Under previous licensing systems, School Services also included the content areas of Speech Language & Hearing Clinician and Speech & Hearing Therapy for School Speech-Language Pathologists. Under Rules 2002, REPA and REPA 3 these content areas are called Communication Disorders and are categorized as an Instructional area rather than a School Services area.
- Valid CPR card from IDOE approved provider.
- Official transcripts showing receipt of a Master's degree in Speech Pathology and which bear the sign and/or seal of the registrar, the degree and date conferred. Provide transcripts for ALL completed coursework at ALL institutions attended. Transcripts must be included with evaluation materials.
- Suicide Prevention Certificate.
- A copy of your valid Indiana Professional Licensing Agency License.
You need to do the following:
- Log into your LVIS account.
- Click on “Add Application” on the right hand side.
- Select Original for Application Action.
- Select Instructional for Application Type
- Select Communication Disorders for Requirement Type
- Type SLP or Communication Disorders in Subject and/or Endorsement Areas
- Click “Next”
- Click “Add Recommending Institution Entry”
- Select the State. If Indiana, Select the college/university. If out-of-state, type in the name of the college/university.
- Click Save Recommending Institution Entry.”
- BE SURE TO ADD ALL COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES. Once you have entered them all, Click “Next.”
- Answer the questions. If you answer yes to any of them, you will need to upload the documentation required. Click “Next.”
- Upload the required documentation. Click “Next.” If you are an out-of-state applicant, LVIS will not ask for a copy of your Indiana Professional Licensing Agency (IPLA) license. Please upload a copy of it under the “Other Document”. Be sure to READ ALL the information on this page.
- For more information about the IPLA license, go to http://in.gov/pla/speech.htm
- Click “Next.”
- If you have everything completed, you will be able to “Submit Application.” If not, you need to fix what is missing. Missing materials will be in RED.
- Click the link to pay for all pending applications.
- Mark the box under the “Pay?”
- Fill out all the Billing information.
- Click “Review Summary.”
- Click box under Refund Policy.
- Click “Submit.”