How to Convert your Reciprocal Permit to an Educator License
Once the Office of Educator Licensing has completed an evaluation of one’s credentials, an Evaluation/Deficiency Letter may be sent through LVIS. In it, deficiencies that need to be fulfilled to establish an Indiana Educator License are stated. Be sure to check both your inbox and SPAM mail to view this letter. If you have not received it, log into your LVIS account and click Email Log on the right hand side. There all of the e-mails that have been sent to your e-mail address are accessible.
- Valid CPR card from IDOE approved provider.
- Suicide Prevention Certificate.
- Copy of deficiency letter. If you cannot locate your letter, log into your LVIS profile and view your Email log, you can print a copy of your deficiency letter from there.
- Proof of completed deficiencies.
- Log into your LVIS account.
- Click on “Add Application” on the right hand side.
- Click the “Original”
- Select the license type in the next drop down
- For Requirement Type “Click Reciprocal Permit Conversion to Standard License.”
- Type in your subject area
- Click “Next”.
- A Recommending Institution is not required, Click “Next.”
- Answer the questions. If you answer yes to any of them, you will need to upload the documentation required. Click “Next.”
- Upload the required documentation.
- If you have everything completed, you will be able to “Submit Application.” If not, you need to fix what is missing. Missing materials will be in RED.
- Click the link to pay for all pending applications.
- Mark the box under the “Pay?”
- Fill out all the Billing information.
- Click “Review Summary.”
- Click box under Refund Policy.
- Click “Submit.”
At any point you need to stop the application, click Save for Later. To check the status or return to your application, click “Application Status” on the right hand side when you are in your LVIS account.