Posted: Wed, 03/25/2015 - 4:31pm Updated: Thu, 10/25/2018 - 9:04am
- Official transcripts showing completion of Masters’ degree from accredited institution (PLEASE NOTE: If you have completed National Board of Professional Teaching Standards Certification (NBPTS) a Masters’ degree is not required to professionalize an instructional license)
- Proof of two (2) years teaching experience in an accredited school**.
- Hold Proficient Practitioner/Standard/Provisional license for five (5) years.
Required documents needed to professionalize an Instructional license
- Official transcripts showing completion of Masters degree from accredited institution or National Board of Professional Teaching Standards Certification (NBPTS).
- Official transcripts showing renewal coursework, OR approved PGP, OR National Board Certification.
- Proof of two (2) years teaching experience in an accredited school
- Valid CPR card from IDOE approved provider.
How to Apply
- Click on the LVIS Portal Link
- “Create” Profile”
- Fill out all the required fields and click “Create Profile.”
- Go to your personal e-mail and find the e-mail(s) LVIS just sent you. It will be from “System Administrator.” If it ended up in your SPAM/JUNK e-mail folder, you need to add the e-mail address to your contact or safe senders list.
- Click the link “Verify e-mail.”
- Log into your LVIS account.
- Click Professionalize and Renewal. Wait for things to populate.
- Choose the license you are professionalizing.
- Select the option that you’re using to renew your license (PGP, Coursework, or National Board Certification).
- Click Next.
- Enter a recommending institution if required. If no recommending institution is required, click Next.
- Answer the questions. If requested, upload required documentation and provide description. Click Next.
- Upload the required documentation. Click Next.
- If you have everything completed, you will be able to Submit Application. If not, you need to fix what is missing. Missing materials will be in RED.
- Click the link to pay for all pending applications.
- Mark the box under the “Pay?” $35.00 + $1.72 processing fee
- Fill out all the Billing information.
- Click Review Summary.
- Click box under Refund Policy.
- Click Submit