Pearson Education is the educator licensing test vendor in Indiana. To register and find more information about test preparation, information and registration access this link.
Testing Lingo and Additional Links
- CASA - Core Academic Skills Assessment - if minimum ACT or SAT scores or GRE scores have not been met, passing this assessment is required for admittance into an education preparation program. Persons who hold a master’s degree from an accredited institution are exempt from these basic skills test requirements.
- The following additional assessments/routes are acceptable to document basic skills competency at the time of admission to a teacher preparation program:
- ACT with a score of at least 24 based on Math, Reading, Grammar, and Science;
- SAT with a score of at least 1100 based on Critical Reading and Math;
- GRE with a score of at least 1100 based on Verbal and Quantitative prior to 8/1/11; GRE with a score of at least 301 based on Verbal and Quantitative on or after 8/1/11; or,
- Praxis I composite score of at least 527 based on Reading, Writing, and Math if taken prior to 9/1/13
- CORE content area assessments - http://www.in.nesinc.com/PageView.aspx?f=GEN_RequiredContentAssessments.html
- Pedagogy Tests – Candidates must pass a developmental area assessment that matches the grade level they are planning to teach: Early Childhood, Elementary School, Secondary School and Preschool through Grade 12. http://www.in.nesinc.com/PageView.aspx?f=GEN_RequiredDevelopmentalPedagogyAssessments.html
- Preparation and Practice Tests - http://www.in.nesinc.com/PageView.aspx?f=GEN_PreparationMaterials.html
- Blueprints - http://www.in.nesinc.com/PageView.aspx?f=HTML_FRAG/GENRB_PrepFramework.html
Assessment Results and Additional Information
Score Reports (for multiple choice questions only) - Score reports will be available in your account within 10 business days after testing beginning at 10:00 p.m. eastern time
Score Reports (that include constructed-response assignments) – Score reports will be available in your account within 20 business days after testing, beginning at 10:00 p.m. eastern time
Unofficial Score Report - Preliminary test results or a Receipt of Completion will be provided to you at the test center. Any information (Preliminary Passing Status [multiple-choice-only tests] or Receipt of Completion [multiple-choice/constructed-response assignment tests]) provided to you at the test center upon completion of the assessment is for your individual reference only and may be subject to change on your official score report.
Understanding your score report
Click here if you still need help: firstname.lastname@example.org