Posted: Fri, 03/24/2017 - 11:59am Updated: Tue, 12/04/2018 - 10:16am
- You must have approval from your school employer before applying for an Emergency Permit.
- You must hold the minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Is only valid for 1 school year.
- Do not apply before July 1st, all EP’s expire on June 30th.
- Driver & Traffic Safety and School Psychologists cannot be issued on an EP.
- EP’s for Building Level Administrator also require verification of 2 years teaching experience.
- The Indiana law giving the Department of Education the authority to issue and renew Communication Disorders Emergency Permits expires on June 30, 2018. Consequently, the Office of Educator Licensing will not be able to issue or renew any Emergency Permits in Communication Disorders for the 2018-2019 school year and subsequent school years unless future action by the Indiana General Assembly reinstates the IDOE’s authority. For information on what Speech Language Pathology (SLP) support positions can be held and what duties can be performed by individuals with less than full SLP and Communication Disorders licenses, please refer to administrative rules found in the Indiana Administrative Code at 880 IAC 1-2.1.