Posted: Fri, 03/24/2017 - 9:34am Updated: Thu, 06/15/2017 - 8:58am

Professionalizing and Renewing Your License

Am I Eligible?

  • Instructional licenses - applicant must have:
    • Two years teaching experience in an accredited school
    • And one of the following:
    • 1.) Evidence of completing National Board Certification
    • 2.) Master's degree or higher from an institution of higher learning that substantially applies as determined by the department to the content area. If the master’s degree is older than five years, regular renewal requirements apply.
  • Administrative licenses - applicant must have:
    • 1.) 5 years administrative experience in the content area of the license in an accredited school or public school district
    • 2.) Total of sixty (60) graduate hours of coursework completed in an approved program of school administration.
  • School Services licenses - applicant must have:
    • Two years of experience in the school service area of the practitioner license.

Verification of experience must be submitted on school letterhead and signed.

Once one has established a 10 year license, it will continue to renew for 10 years.

Where do I Apply?

Did you know? If you professionalize using National Board Certification, a Master’s degree is not required.