Applicants that have completed a Program at an Indiana college or university will have their licenses recommended by the licensing advisor from their college/university.
Please DO NOT apply prior to your graduation. Licenses cannot be issued if applied for prior to your graduation date.
If you have any questions regarding your application or if you want to verify that you have met all your requirements, please contact the licensing advisor at your institution. http://www.doe.in.gov/licensing/licensing-advisors-contact-page
- Valid CPR card from IDOE approved provider.
- Suicide Prevention Certificate.
- Log into your LVIS account (https://license.doe.in.gov/).
- Click Add Application on the right hand side.
- Select Original
- Select Instructional/Admin/Or School Services
- Select Original Instructional
- Type in the Subject Areas. Click Next.
- Click Add Recommending Institution Entry. Select the State.
- Select the Indiana College/University
- Click Save Recommending Institution Entry
- Click Next
- Answer the questions. Upload required documentation, if requested. Click Next.
- Upload the required documentation and optional documentation. Click Next. Read the paragraphs below the required documentation for instructions on what to do if you don’t have the required documents or if they won’t upload.
- If you have everything completed, you will be able to Submit Application. If not, you need to fix what is missing. Missing materials will be in RED.
- Click the link to pay for all pending applications.
- Mark the box under the “Pay?”
- Fill out all the Billing information.
- Click Review Summary.
- Click box under Refund Policy.
- Click Submit.
If at any point during the application process you need to stop, click Save for Later. To get back to the application, click Application Status on the right hand side and Edit the application you have In Process.