The purpose of this project is to establish and implement the foundational technical elements which will support the other projects.
What is Unified Access?
The Unified Access project will implement processes, policies and technologies to accomplish the key objectives of the LINK initiative. Strategic design will focus on the following enterprise elements:
- Streamlining identity, user and access management
- Unifying point of entry for IDOE solutions
- Revising Master Data Management
- Adopting data standards
- Documenting all business logic for use across systems
- Adopting user interface and user experience standards
- Reviewing and revising infrastructure policies
Benefits to Schools
- Improved user experience with IDOE business systems
- Increased security by reducing passwords and connecting account provisioning and decommissioning to school-level processes.
- Increased efficiency accessing and maintaining access to IDOE systems and data
- Developed and deployed proof of concept for LINK Portal
- Implemented InRule rules engine to enhance business logic processing
- Adopted Ed-Fi Data Standards
- Identified Identity and Access Management solution leveraging Cloud identities from trusted sources
- Implement Identity and Access Management solution with the following components:
- LINK Portal: The LINK Portal is a web application that will provide a single point of entry for accessing IDOE solutions. Upon login, the user will see displayed the IDOE systems to which they have access.
- Unified Access Security Portal: The Unified Access Security Portal will allow a locally defined Security Coordinator to review and revise local user classifications and access across IDOE solutions.
- Security Registration Process: Moving forward, IDOE will leverage Cloud identities from trusted sources. Single sign-on integration will be achieved with Google's G Suite for Education, and Microsoft's Office 365. In order to access IDOE solutions, school corporations or schools will be asked to register their system domain and establish a local Security Coordinator.
- Organization Assurances for the LINK portal
- Accepting Organization Assurances