The 2019-2020 Indiana Literacy Early Intervention Grant (EIG) is focused on improving early literacy. This grant is open to all accredited public, charter, and non-public schools that contain kindergarten, first grade, and second grade students. Grant funds are to be used to better equip teachers to meet the needs of students, to enhance student engagement, and to increase student literacy achievement.
The EIG 2019-2020 process has changed due to delays caused by COVID-19. Please see the following updated documents and deadlines below:
- Request to Participate: August 2, 2019-August 30, 2019 - the form has been closed.
- Allocations Distributed: September 6, 2019
- Grants Application Due: September 25, 2019 – this window has been closed.
- Grant Awarded By: October 25, 2019 – All 2019-2020 EIGs have been approved.
- Reallocation Distributed: January 13, 2020 – to all fall awarded schools
- Encumber Deadline: December 31, 2020
- Cash Request Due: June 1, 2020
- Budget Amendments Due: November 30, 2020
- Liquidate Deadline: March 31, 2021
- Final Report of Expenditures Deadline: March 31, 2021
- EIG Guidance 2019-2020
- EIG Frequently Asked Questions 2019-2020
- EIG Process 2019-2020
- EIG Budget Amendment 2019-2020
- EIG Cash Request Form 2019-2020
- Final Report of Expenditures for the 2019-2020 grant will open on September 1, 2020 and due by March 31, 2021
- Grants Application Due: September 25, 2019