New 7-21-2020! Households who believe they are entitled to a P-EBT card can send an e-mail with information about their family, and the FSSA team will research the case. Check out the FSSA P-EBT website for more details.
New 5-28-2020! FSSA is providing Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfers (P-EBT) to households that were eligible for free or reduced meals this school year. IDOE was only asked to provide data that shares free and reduced eligibility. IDOE asked schools to update student addresses during a onetime data pull. At this time there is no way to add additional students or change addresses. IDOE and FSSA are trying to find a solution for families that are eligible but didn’t get the benefit. No information or flexibility is available at this time, but hopefully, there will be a solution in the coming weeks. Initial P-EBT distribution from FSSA should be finalized by the beginning of June.
New 6-5-2020! The letter is addressed to the oldest student in the home. Example: if FSSA received one address with three different students at this same address, the one envelope with one card is addressed to the oldest student. The card must then be activated to determine the benefit amount.
- P-EBT Flyer English Spanish
- P-EBT Frequently Asked Questions
- FSSA’s P-EBT Website
- SFSP and SSO Meal Sites
New 6-16-2020! For parents that have not received their P-EBT card or need the card reissued, please contact 877-768-5098.
- COVID-19 Meal Service Fact Sheet for Administrators
- COVID-19 Meal Service Fact Sheet for Parents
- COVID-19 Meal Service Fact Sheet for Parents (printer friendly) - English Spanish
- COVID-19 Meal Service Social Media Posts for Parents
- USDA COVID-19 Webpage
- Use of USDA Foods During a Pandemic and Presidentially-Declared Emergency
- Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and Seamless Summer Option (SSO) Meal Delivery Using Existing Authority Q&A
- Child Nutrition Program Meal Service During COVID-19: Best Practices for Parent Pick Up
- Seamless Summer Option: Providing Multiple Meals at a Time During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Operating from a non-area eligible site to only free or reduced households.
- Operating from an area eligible site - all households regardless of free, reduced, or paid eligibility can receive free delivered meals.
If you would like to edit one of these forms with your school's contact information, please follow the following steps:
- If you are using a Google account - hover over File and select make a copy. This will then prompt you to make a copy of the document that you can edit. You can also follow the directions below for a direct download.
- If you are not using a Google account - hover over File and select download then which format you would like it in (Word, PDF, etc.). This will automatically download the document directly to your computer.
Indiana received approval from USDA to waive the congregate feeding requirement in the National School Lunch Program’s Seamless Summer Option (SSO) and the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) during unanticipated school closures due to the novel coronavirus.
- Indiana Approval for Waiver of the Congregate Feeding Requirement
- IN Waiver Meal Service at School Sites for Unanticipated School Closures
- IN Waiver Request Approval to Handle Corona Virus Outbreak through Non-Congregate Feeding Sites with State Agency Approval
- IN Waiver Request to Approve Meal Distribution Sites in Non-Eligible Areas Due to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Non-Congregate Nationwide Waiver
- COVID-19 Meal Pattern Flexibility Waiver
- COVID-19 Meal Times Nationwide Waiver
- COVID-19 Afterschool Activity Nationwide Waiver
- COVID-19 FSMC Nationwide Waiver
- COVID-19 Offer Versus Serve Flexibilities Nationwide Waiver
- COVID-19 Extension of Unanticipated School Closures Nationwide Waiver
- COVID-19 Parent Pickup Nationwide Waiver
- COVID-19 Area Eligibility for SFSP/SSO
- Questions of a medical/health nature? Contact Jolene Bracale at email@example.com.
- Questions about pandemic plans? Contact Steve Balko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about applying or getting set up for SFSP or SSO? – Contact email@example.com.
- Questions regarding meal service during an unexpected school closure? Contact your field specialist.