Federal regulations require schools receiving Federal School Nutrition funds to follow certain rules for procurement. The regulations can be found in 2 CFR Part 200 (specifically 200.318 – 200.326). There are different requirements for large purchases ($150,000 and over) and small purchases (under $150,000) and the regulations must be followed for any purchases made using Child Nutrition funds. Any equipment purchase exceeding $5,000 must be approved by the State prior to making the purchase. There are also requirements that school food service departments have a written procurement plan on file outlining Federal and any local requirements.
Below you will find various resources about the procurement requirements and copies of procurement trainings. We are currently conducting procurement reviews on the same schedule as Administrative Reviews, so those schools that are up for an Administrative Review will also be receiving a Procurement review the same year, though they are separate reviews. If you have additional questions please email Cindy Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) Tina Herzog (email@example.com).
- Equipment Purchases
- Procuring a Food Service Management Company or Vendor
- Procurement Information Sheet (updated August 2018)
- Market Basket Analysis when Procuring Program Goods USDA Memo
- Indiana Procurement Plan Template (updated threshold)
- Procurement Checklist Example
- Required Contract Provisions (per 2 CFR 200) Checklist
- Evaluation Criteria and Scoring Example