Posted: Thu, 09/22/2011 - 3:17pm Updated: Wed, 03/21/2018 - 2:45pm
School and Community Nutrition (SCN) - Information for the creation and/or enhancement of School Wellness Policies
- Final Rule: Local School Wellness Policy
- USDA Summary of the Final Rule
- DOE Wellness Policy Checklist
- Common Indiana Q & As
- USDA Guidance and Q & As
Wellness Policy Workshop Resources and Toolkits
- Wellness Policy Workshop Resources
- Local School Wellness Policy Outreach Toolkit
- Healthy Schools Toolkit
Language Ideas & Examples
- School Wellness Policy Example Language
- Sample Wellness Policy: meaning it is compliant with the federal regulations.
- Model Wellness Policy: meaning it goes above and beyond the regulations. Model policies are great resources for schools looking for language to use, but it’s not necessarily something schools would adopt entirely.
- Creative Ways to Advertise and Generate Interest in Your Schools Local Wellness Policy
- Helpful Tips for a Successful Wellness Policy
- School Wellness Committee Toolkit
- Tips for Teachers
- Wellness Policy Guidance
Writing, Implementing, & Assessing Wellness Policies
- Model & Sample Policy Language
- Samples, Stories & Guidance
- Wellness Policy Elements - Looking for resources to help implement some of the wellness policy elements? You’ll find some right here.
- Assessment (Needs Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation) - Refer to these resources to conduct your initial needs assessment for monitoring implementation, and measuring the impact of your local school wellness policy.
- School Health Index