Food that's IN when School is OUT!
The Summer Food Service Program for Children (SFSP) was created to serve nutritious meals to children when National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program meals are not available. To ensure all children receive proper nutrition throughout the year, SFSP reimburses organizations that prepare and serve meals to eligible children during the summer and school vacation periods.
2018 SFSP Sites
|2018 SFSP Sites for All Indiana Counties|
|Allen County Sites|
|St. Joseph County Sites|
Free Summer Meals for Kids!
Reminders to Keep Everyone Enjoying the Meals!
- All meals must be consumed at the site unless the sponsor has authorized participants to leave a site with only one of the following meal components: fruit, vegetable or grain. 7 CFR 225.6(e)(15)
- Individuals 19 and older may not consume or share any part of a child’s meal. 7 CFR 225.2
- Only children ages 18 and under are served free meals. 7 CFR 225.2
- Meals are only served during the published serving times. 7 CFR 225.16(3)(4)
- Meal substitutions due to a life threatening allergy or disability must be supported by a statement from a recognized medical authority that includes the required alternative foods. 7 CFR 225.16(3)(4)
- Food left on a sharing table (where available) may only be eaten on site and only by children 18 and under. 7 CFR 225. 15(b)
Please properly dispose of all trash before leaving the site!
< This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Ask staff about meals during the inclement weather days!
Adult meals may be available for purchase at some sites.
At some sites, additional rules may be enforced
Watch for these signs in your local communities: