The USDA DoD Fresh Program is an optional program and participation is not required. If you decide to participate, you will set aside a portion of your USDA Foods entitlement dollars. Your school corporation can commit as much of your entitlement to the program as you choose. USDA will handle all bills up to the amount of the entitlement you set aside. This is not the same as the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable (FFVP).
DoD Vendor (Creation Gardens) Delivery Schedule for SY 2020-2021
The time has come for schools to make USDA DoD Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (DoD Fresh) commitments. The DoD Fresh Program is optional and participation is not required. If your school decides to participate, you will set aside a portion of your USDA Foods entitlement dollars. The school corporation chooses how much of the entitlement it wants to commit to the program. This is not the same as the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable (FFVP) which is based on eligibility.
This school year, IDOE is conducting this process a little differently and a bit earlier. This year, there are two different commitment forms. One form is for schools currently participating in the DoD Program. The second form is for schools not participating in DoD this school year. Schools should complete the appropriate form based on their current DoD status.
An instruction form is also available to provide step-by-step directions on how to complete the commitment form. The link to the forms are available below to complete now and the deadline to complete it is December 18, 2020. No Exceptions.
- USDA DoD Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Diversion Instruction Form for SY2022
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Order Receipt System (FFAVORS)
- Getting Setup and Using FFAVORS to Order Fresh Fruit and Vegetables
- DoD Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program Surcharge - this charge, which has been applied since October 2007, will no longer be deducted from the National School Lunch Program entitlement funds in the Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Order/Receipt System (FFAVORS).
- Receipting in FFAVORS - School Food Authorities (SFAs) are required by USDA to receipt orders in FFAVORS within 5 days of delivery. SFAs must be timely in entering this information so the vendors can be paid.
- DLA Troop Support Subsistence
- What local means for DoD Fresh
- Purchases are made from growers within the state of Indiana or a state located within the contract zone.
- Purchases made from a state bordering the state in which the customer is located.
- School must report all school site additions to IDOE, not USDA or DLA.
- Schools must allow, at minimum, one (1) month to complete the site addition process. This does not mean it will take a month to complete; however, this minimum timeframe allows extra coordination with DLA, potential follow-up with SDA, or any other activities needed for the DLA to complete the request.
- Below are deadlines for school site additions. The additions must be sent to IDOE before each of these dates for the new school year:
- Creation Gardens, Inc., LLC
- Louisville, KY 40233
- Phone: (502) 272-2111
- FFAVORS Help Desk: For questions about FFAVORS, the e-Authentication process, or login issues for existing sites and existing users in FFAVORS, please contact the FFAVORS Help Desk at FFAVORS@fns.usda.gov.
- UDSA DoD Fresh Complaints: Document all issues, include photos, and report each occurrence to the vendor, State Agency (IDOE), and the DLA Representative.
- Indiana's DoD Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program DLA Representative:
- Vera Strilchuk
- Vera Strilchuk
- The role of the DoD Fresh DLA Representative:
- Act as procurement agent
- Manages and ensures compliance with the terms of the DoD vendor contract
- The representative should be included on all DoD communication with the vendor and IDOE regarding product and quality issues.