- PL 220-2017 – Indiana Student Religious Civil Liberties Act (Model Policy)
- IC 20-26-5-32 – Required school corporations to develop a plan to improve student behavior and discipline by July 1, 2011; and to then periodically review this plan (pp. 18 of 21). HEA 1419 (2009 legislative session), required the Indiana Department of Education to develop a model evidence-based plan for improving discipline and behavior in schools by June 1, 2010.
Evidence-Based Best Practices
- NREPP – SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs & Practices
- The 5Essentials for School Improvement
- Policy and Legal Guidance on School Climate and Discipline – US DOE
- School Discipline Data Snapshot – OCR
- Safe Supportive Learning
- IDOE – Disproportionality Statement
HEA 1419 (2009) Resources
Various professional development opportunities are available throughout the state. Click on the links below to find information about these opportunities and about your regional IDOE – School Improvement contact(s).