Comprehensive Needs Assessment and School Improvement Plan Trainings and Resources
- Trainings on Comprehensive Needs Assessments and School Improvement Planning
- Unified Comprehensive Needs Assessment and School Improvement Plan Template (Google Document, Microsoft Word)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- CNA and SIP Example for a Comprehensive Support and Improvement School
- CNA and SIP Example for a Targeted Support and Improvement School
- Webinar about the CNA Example for a Targeted Support and Improvement School
- Webinar about the SIP Example for a Targeted Support and Improvement School
School Improvement Plan (SIP) Information
Pursuant to IC 20-31-4-6(5) and 511 IAC 6.1-1-4(1)(J), all public schools, including charter schools, and state-accredited non-public schools must complete a school improvement plan with input from a committee of individuals interested in the school. 511 IAC 6.2-3-5(a) requires school improvement plans to be submitted to the Department of Education (Department) no later than June 30 of the school year before the year of implementation. However, this June 30th submission deadline was established prior to the administration of the statewide assessment during the spring.
Therefore, a school will be required to submit its school improvement plan for the 2018-2019 school year to the Department no later than October 12, 2018. This will allow a school to review and consider statewide assessment data from the 2017-2018 school year when revising its school improvement plan for the upcoming school year. Schools may begin submitting school improvement plans for the 2018-2019 school year as of June 8, 2018.
How does a school submit its school improvement plan to the Department?
The submission of the school improvement plan/student achievement plan must be completed by the school principal or authorized official.
- Login to DOE Online at https://doeonline.doe.in.gov/.
- Under the blue menu on the left side of the screen, hover over “Accreditation” then click on “Legal Standards Assurance”.
- Once the Legal Standards Assurance screen opens, click on “Standard 1: School Improvement Plan Compliance”.
- Check all applicable boxes on this screen.
- The principal or authorized official must provide an e-signature by typing his or her name in the box provided on the screen. Please also provide the date that the information was completed and submitted to DOE Online.
- To upload the school improvement plan:
- Click “Choose File” under the signature box.
- School Improvement Plans/Student Achievement Plans must be submitted in PDF format. Only one document may be uploaded. If there are multiple files, you will need to combine them into one PDF prior to submission.
- Review materials and click “Save and Return to Scoreboard” at the bottom of the screen to officially submit the school improvement plan/student achievement plan.
Please go to https://www.doe.in.gov/help/doe-online-help/doe-online-help for any assistance with DOE Online.