Collaborative Teachers Overview
According to the "5Essentials for School Improvement" framework, all teachers collaborate to promote professional growth in schools with strong collaborative teachers. In such schools, teachers are active partners in school improvement, committed to the school, and focused on professional development.
Collaborative Teachers Indicators
- Teacher-Teacher Trust: In schools with strong teacher-teacher trust, teachers are supportive and respectful of one another, personally and professionally.
- Quality Professional Development: In schools with high-quality professional development, professional development is rigorous and focused on student learning.
- Collective Responsibility: In schools with strong collective responsibility, teachers share a strong sense of responsibility for student development, school improvement, and professional growth.
- School Commitment: In schools with strong school commitment, teachers are deeply dedicated to working toward the school's vision for school improvement.
- Collaborative Practice: In schools with strong collaborative practice, teachers observe each other's practice, review assessment data together, and collaboratively develop instructional strategies.