Growth Mindset Toolkit (this is a large zipped file with the aforementioned resources and two videos for training purposes)
Background on this Tool
Growth mindset is the belief that you can grow your talents and abilities with effort. Students with a growth mindset see effort as necessary for success, embrace challenges, learn from criticism, and persist in the face of setbacks. Transforming Education has developed this toolkit to help educators learn more about growth mindset.
Guidance on How to Leverage this Tool
The growth mindset toolkit is a self-contained professional development session built to ensure that teachers have a positive experience while learning about growth mindset. The toolkit was developed and extensively tested to ensure that it is as helpful as possible to educators. The toolkit contains:
- Facilitator's guide with sample agendas
- Slide presentation to guide you through the session
- Animation showing the critical role growth mindset plays for children over the long term, that it can be taught, and the mindset needed to actually teach it
- Video interviews with students who saw dramatic improvements after learning specific growth mindset strategies in school
- Practical strategies and sample ways to use them that teachers can implement immediately
- Suggested reflection activities and a practical planning exercise
- Handout with all of the key session content, plus extra implementation examples, that teachers can take with them
The majority of these items are available in fully editable formats so you can adapt the materials to fit your needs.
Getting Started with the Growth Mindset Toolkit
If an educator wants to know more about growth mindset review "Introduction to Growth Mindset" and "Growth Mindset Presentation."
If an educator wants to learn about specific strategies for supporting students’ growth mindset review this additional resource developed by Transforming Education Growth Mindset: Sample Strategies.
If an educator wants to explore resources for leading a growth mindset workshop review the "Growth Mindset Workshop Facilitator Guide."