Comprehensive School Counseling Award Recipients
The following programs recognize the unique contributions of school counselors in improving student achievement and preparing all K-12 students to be productive citizens in a global economy.
- IDOE Announces 2018 Indiana RAMP Recipients
- Lilly Endowment Inc. Comprehensive Counseling Initiative: Round 2 Grant Recipients
- 2017 Gold Star Recipients Press Release
- Indiana Gold Star & RAMP Recipients
- See below for more information regarding Gold Star
- Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP) Recipients
School Counselor Recognition and Awards
- American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Awards
- ASCA’s Comprehensive School Counseling Research Grant Recipients
- Comprehensive Counseling Initiative Implementation Grants Awarded by Lilly Endowment, September 2017
- National School Counseling Week
- National School Counseling Week Memo, 2018
- The First Lady Recognizes SCOY Finalists at the White House, 2016
- 2016 School Counselor of the Year Finalists Press Release
Gold Star School Counseling
What does it mean to be a Gold Star School in Indiana?
Gold Star Schools have demonstrated that they have developed a comprehensive and accountable school counseling and guidance program, aligned to Indiana School Counselor Standards, as well as national (ASCA) standards. Participating schools and school counseling programs have implemented a plan that includes the establishment of a program vision and mission, data-based accountability, standards-driven student guidance activities, counseling and advocacy, program management, the alignment of resources and an annual improvement plan. With the alignment of Gold Star to the Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP), recipients are eligible to apply for RAMP without having to meet additional requirements (other than the RAMP application fee).
284 schools have received the Gold Star Award since its inception in 2004 and of these, many have also gone on to be recognized by the American School Counseling Association (ASCA) with its highest, national award of Recognized ASCA Model Programs (RAMP).