|I Can Statements||Academic Vocabulary|
|* I can explain how the moon appears to move through the sky.
* I can describe how the moon’s appearance changes from day to day.
* I can explain the moon’s impact on the earth.
* I can explain the rising and setting times of the moon.
* I can explain solar eclipses.
* I can explain lunar eclipses.
|Cross Cutting Concepts|
Cause and Effect
|Looking Back||Looking Ahead|
|* Use observations of the sun, moon, and stars to describe patterns that can be predicted. (1.ESS.1)||* Analyze the scale of our solar system and its components: our solar system includes the sun, moon, seven other planets and their moons, and many other objects like asteroids and Comets. (5.ESS.1)
* Design models to describe how Earth's rotation, revolution, tilt, and interaction with the sun and moon cause seasons, tides, changes in daylight hours, eclipses, and phases of the moon. (6.ESS.2)