Posted: Tue, 08/22/2017 - 11:52am Updated: Thu, 03/04/2021 - 10:30am
- The U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education – Students in Foster Care: The U.S. Department of Education is committed to improving academic outcomes for students in foster care, and OESE provides technical assistance and guidance to SEAs, LEAs, and other stakeholders to ensure the success of students in foster care.
- Foster Success ensures that youth transitioning out of foster care are educated, housed, financially stable, employed and connected to a support system by age 25.
- Youth Connections Program for Foster Care Students assists youth form long-term connections to caring adults.
- Legal Center for Foster Care and Education serves as a national technical assistance resource and information clearinghouse on legal and policy matters affecting the education of children in the foster care system. see the "Blueprint for Change: Education Success for children in Foster Care."
- The National Working Group on Foster Care and Education is a partnership of ten organizations working to ensure successful educational outcomes for children and youth in foster care across the country.
- Foster Care to Success: Casey Family Scholarships
- Guardian Scholars Program offers financial aid, housing, basic needs, and academic advising at Ball State University and Ivy Tech of Indiana - East Central Region ( Anderson, Marion and Muncie)
- NAEHCY - National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth (NAEHCY)
- Nina Mason Pulliam Scholars Program enables incoming freshmen at IUPUI, ages 18-25, who have been raised through the foster care system and have no form of financial support.
- Regional Youth services (RYS) - the Jeffersonville-based foster care and placement services agency
- Twenty-first Century Scholars Program
- DCS Education Services
- DCS-Annual Notification of Continuation of Placement in School Corporation
- DCS-Education Services Resource Tool for Educators 2018
- DCS-School Notification state form 47412
- DCS Education Consultant Coverage Map Jan.-2020
- Education (ED) and Health and Human Services (HHS) Effective Dates DCL
- ESSA Foster Care LEA – POC Contact List – 3-4-2021
- ESSA POC Checklist Final Draft 72817
- Foster Care Transportation Training Information
- Foster Care FAQ
- Moodle training – Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) & Supporting Foster Youth as Students – 101
- New ESSA Implementation Toolkit from the Legal Center for Foster Care and Education
- School Invoicing Process for schools