Indicators 15 and 16 are Performance Indicators.
Indicator 15: Percent of hearing requests that went to resolution sessions that were resolved through resolution session settlement agreements. (20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(B))
Indicator 16: Percent of mediations held that resulted in mediation agreements. (20 U.S.C. 1416(a)(3)(B))
Indicator 15: Percent = (Settlement Agreements ÷ Resolution Sessions) x 100
Indicator 16: Percent = [Mediations related to due process that resulted in complete agreement + Mediations not related to due process that resulted in complete agreement ÷ Total number of mediations held] x 100
- Data: The data for these Indicators is collected by the Office of Legal Affairs and is submitted to the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) via 618 Table 7 in November.
Information and Guidance
- Indicators 15 and 16 in the APR (Part B Annual Performance Report): Details about Indiana's statewide results
- Information on Special Education Due Process is available through the Office of Legal Affairs. There you can access information for filing a Complaint, requesting and participating in Mediation, and requesting a Due Process Hearing.
Indiana Resource Network
The following Resource Centers provide assistance and information with areas that affect Indicators 16, 17, 18, and 19:
- IN*SOURCE - The Indiana Resource Center for Families with Special Needs
- IndianaIEP Resource Center
- HANDS (Helping Answer Needs by Developing Specialists) in Autism Resource Center also provides the following resources for Indicators 16-19: Legal Resources: a list of legal and special education resources