Posted: Thu, 09/29/2011 - 8:35am Updated: Tue, 08/13/2019 - 3:24pm
- Indiana Resource Center for families with Special Needs (INSOURCE)
A statewide organization that provides parents, families, and service providers with information and training to assure effective educational programs and appropriate services for children and young adults with disabilities.
- About Special Kids (ASK) (formerly IPIN)
An organization where parents, professionals, and volunteers work together to support children with special needs by providing information, peer support, and education.
- ASK Resource Directory
- Indiana Parent Information and Resource Center
- Indiana Resource Center for Autism offers a Roadmap to Services brochure
English Language Learners
- Indiana Department of Education Office of English Learning and Migrant Education
- Legal guidance in regards to English Language Learners
Other State Resources
- Blumberg Center for Interdisciplinary Studies in Special Education
- Indiana Disability Resource Finder
FINDER gives people living with disabilities 24/7 access to a comprehensive range of community resources designed to improve their quality of life.
- Indiana Institute on Disability and Community
University Affiliated Program. Indiana University Center for Excellence on Disabilities.
- Indiana State Museum
Field trips are FREE at the Indiana State Museum & Historic Sites for accredited Indiana K-12 school groups on prescheduled visits. Allow your students to not just learn Indiana history, but to live it!
- Promoting Achievement through Technology and INstruction for all Students (PATINS)
An assistive technology systems change initiative, the project builds organizational capacity of public schools and professional capacity of school staff in delivery of assistive technology services.
- Protection and Advocacy
Assists citizens of Indiana who have a disability and are either being denied a right or are being discriminated against because of that disability.
- U.S. Department of Education
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
- Office for Civil Rights
- U.S. Department of Justice
- Educational Resources Information Center
- The Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR) - Supporting the Parent Centers Who Serve Families of Children with Disabilities
Your central “Hub” of information and products created for the network of Parent Centers serving families of children with disabilities.
- The Policymaker Partnership for Implementing IDEA
The Policymaker Partnership at the National Association of State Directors of Special Education is education's policy connection to the 1997 amendments of the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act.