- Memo – August 30, 2018
- Memo – January 2, 2019
- Application for Adoption of an Alternative College and Career Planning System
Approved College and Career Planning Systems
- Description: Guided by a Career Planning Timeline, the Indiana Career Explorer Navigator program helps students learn about themselves with research-based assessments, build an education plan, and explore and prepare for various options after high school. These career exploration and education planning resources are designed specifically for students in grades 6-12 and tailored to the unique planning needs of each grade level. The Indiana Career Explorer Navigator program also provides resources for parents and educators in order to support career guidance
- Indiana Career Explorer
- System Overview
- Indiana Career Explorer – Competencies Map
- Indiana Career Explorer - Lesson Plans
- Indiana Career Explorer - Pilot Snapshot
- Indiana Career Explorer – Clever Single Login Info
- Coming soon!
- Description: Naviance is a comprehensive college, career and life readiness (CCLR) platform that helps middle and high school students discover their strengths, explore college and career interests, create actionable goals and find their best-fit path after high school. School personnel have access to robust reporting and analytic insights that help measure student outcomes. They will have visibility to student activities and can easily facilitate the college application process through electronic document submission. Naviance is designed around our CCLR framework, a research-backed model outlining six competencies (Social Emotional Learning, Interpersonal Skills, Academic Skills, Career Knowledge, College Knowledge, and Transition Skills) that students in grades 6-12 must achieve to become college, career and life ready. Each competency will outline themes and objectives to further define success, as well as grade-specific activities to achieve each of the objectives.
- Naviance College, Career, & Life Readiness Framework
- Naviance Platform Overview
- Naviance Professional Services
- Naviance Case Study – MSD Wayne Township
Description: Make every student future ready! Xello is an engaging, online program that helps K-12 students transform their aspirations into personalized, actionable plans for college, career and future success. It helps every student, regardless of background or ability to identify their goals, create actionable plans, and build the skills and knowledge to succeed. Based on extensive user and academic research, Xello follows a four-step model that helps students: build self-knowledge, explore options, create a plan, and learn and reassess. The program’s modern design looks and feels like the apps today’s tech-savvy students love to use, while turn-key reports and dashboards deliver critical data at the district, school and student level. The outcomes?
- Increased engagement and achievement
- More efficient educators
- Future-ready students
Xello also aligns with IDOE’s Act 297 and the national ASCA Mindsets & Behaviors Standards for Student Success. The program provides digital, grade-appropriate, curriculum and activities to teach critical employability skills and develop social-emotional competencies. It can be used as a ready-made tool to help you meet your district readiness goals.
Explore Xello using the below links & resources, or email Jessica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Description: Complete set of employment tools for job seekers in Indiana. Search jobs, create resumes, find education and training providers, and more!
- Indiana Career Connect
- Counselor1stop – Counselor1stop is an AtoZ compendium of resources for and by K-12 school counselors.
- Career Exploration in Middle School
- This document serves as a resource guide to support schools serving middle school students as they prepare to successfully complete Graduation Pathways in high school. There are three overarching themes that need to be incorporated into student learning and experiences during grades six through eight.
- My Next Move
- My Next Move is a allows students to search for different types of careers based on industry or interest and is linked to O*NET. This resource also allows students to complete the O*NET Interest Profiler to help students determine their interests and how they relate to the world.
- Journeys Map
- Journeys provides personalized roadmaps to explore life’s possibilities. With an interactive user-interface, similar to Google Maps™, you will be able to create a roadmap to successfully navigate through K-12, CTE, college/university, military service and certificate training, receiving personalized assistance along the way to ultimately reaching your desired career!
- Holland Code Career Test
- This free career quiz uses the scientific Holland Code model to show you which jobs will suit your interests, talents, and aptitude. Get scores for 6 major job areas to guide your career planning.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- The MBTI instrument sorts for preferences and does not measure trait, ability, or character.
- JA JobSpark
- JA JobSpark is a coalition of educators and industry leaders, led by Junior Achievement of Central Indiana. This two day event is an interactive, hands-on career fair.
- Nepris connects educators and learners with a network of industry professionals, virtually, bringing real-world relevance and career exposure to all students. Nepris also provides a skills-based volunteering platform for organizations to extend education outreach, and build their brand among the future workforce.
- Workplace Challenge (pgs. 43-46)
- A Workplace Challenge is a Career Preparation activity where small groups of students (four to six per team) are engaged in solving a problem or challenge issued by an employer in consultation with a classroom teacher.
- IDOE Employability Skills Poster
- A poster showing the 18 employability skills standards that are to be implemented in grades K-12.
- Indiana K-12 Work-Based Learning Manual
- The manual provides an in-depth explanation of the 11 WBL Program Criteria, providing definitions, examples, and sample templates for use by school coordinators. This is intended to be a guide, and practitioners should feel free to update sample templates based on their local needs.