As Indiana has impressive capacity surrounding technology in the K-12 space, education is transformed only if we maximize relevancy and engagement for students. Relevancy and engagement can be enhanced by connecting academic concepts to real-life applications both in the classroom and in the community. This can be achieved by purposeful and strategic integration of technology into instruction. Planning for such can be conducted in a manner by transforming 1) Instruction and Learning; 2) Leadership and Development; and 3) College and Career Ready. To incentivize districts, a minimum of 50 grants of $50,000 will be made available on a competitive basis for districts to strategically develop a plan for technology integration into the classroom.
Digital Learning / Community Advisory Grant Important Dates:
- December 13, 2019 - Grant Application Available
- January 24, 2020 - Grant Application Due
- March 2020 - Grants Awarded
- May 2020- Progress Monitoring Meeting
- June 2020 - Progress Monitoring Meeting
- October 2020 - Progress Monitoring Meeting